Sunday, February 22, 2009

Valentine's Weekend Getaway

As a wedding present my aunt & uncle gave Suz and I a two nights stay at a cute little hotel in Cascade, Idaho. We decided to take advantage of the 3 day weekend and go relax up in the mountains in this quiet little town.

We packed up Friday after work and we were off. We only traveled as far as Burley on Friday night and spent the night with my sister Megi and her family. We had a great time chatting all night long (well almost...until 2 am anyway) and then Megi made us a great breakfast the next morning. It was so much fun to be with my sister, her husband and their adorable little girls.


I took these pics of Meg and her little one. I included all three because in the first one she wouldn't smile. The next one Meg was trying to get her to smile. Then she finally smiled. I thought it was cute and shows what a cute mother my sister is. My other niece ran from the camera...so maybe next time!

After a leisurely morning, we got packed up and said our goodbyes. We had about another 3 1/2 hours to our destination. We pulled away from the curb and something wasn't quite right. We had a flat tire....and I mean flat. We were very thankful that it hadn't gone flat during our travels and commenced to change the tire. Ty helped me out and actually did most of the work (Thanks Ty). We got it changed, took it the tire shop to get it fixed and then we were REALLY off!


Once we left Boise, the drive up the mountain to Cascade was a beautiful winter wonderland and we were so excited. The snow covered canyon seemed so quiet and peaceful and snow gently fell from the tall pine trees. The Payette River gently flowed beneath the snow and ice and came out to greet us once in a while. It was a gorgeous drive!


We arrived in Cascade at the very charming Ashley Inn and checked into our room on the 3rd floor.

Suz of course loved every inch of the inn. Its like walking into Grandma's house, very cozy and lots of antiques, knick-knacks and floral patterns everywhere! :)


The room was beautiful and I was happy to see they had set out the 2 dozen roses I had sent for Suz for Valentine's day!


There's even a fireplace in EVERY room!


Who's that hot model they found to pose in their rooms? Whoop whoop!

After a quick check - in we got bundled up for an afternoon sleigh ride! That will be in the next post! :)

2 comments:

Rinez said...

That hotel looks FABULOUS! I want to stay there!

Bart said...

You ANIMAL! :) What a great Valentine's weekend for you guys.